A little piece of Canada, right here in the Blackdown Hills!
Wolford Chapel is the burial place of John Graves Simcoe, first Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada from 1792. It’s interior displays many fine examples of Jacobean workmanship.
The Chapel and its collection of antique furnishings and decorative arts were generously donated to the people of Ontario in 1966 by British publisher Sir Geoffrey Harmsworth. The Chapel and gardens and are visited by many Canadians each year.
The Chapel gardens are also open to the public at various times during the year. Follow the Canadian flag signs on the Honiton to Dunkeswell road.